We are excited to announce two new video streaming databases from Alexander Street:
The Academic Video Online "delivers video titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more. Curated for the educational experience, the massive depth of content and breadth of content-types." It also comes with Counseling and Therapy in Video collection. Here you will find videos to help "prepare your counseling students to make a difference with the best, most up-to-date applied training and research materials available. Materials are curated and developed to meet the educational and research needs of a variety of counseling curricula." There are nearly 9,000 videos in these two collections to explore.
Behavioral and Mental Health Online "provides a comprehensive, rich, and diverse collection of video and text for anyone studying or teaching in the area of mental health. Programs in counseling, social work, nursing, psychology and behavioral health will all benefit from the wide variety of content in this collection, which includes clinical mental health demonstrations, actual therapy sessions, compelling documentaries on the human condition, psychotherapy transcripts, as well client narratives and reference works."
Let's take a closer look.
1) Start on our Electronic Resources page.:
2) Scroll down to find the two Alexander Street video series listed.
3) Once you click on Alexander Street Academic Video Online you will be taken to the database. Click on menu in the top left-side banner..
By the way, don't forget to login if prompted..
4) When the menu opens up, scroll down to Collections to see the Academic and Counseling collections.
5) Clicking on the Academic Video Online you will be taken to the browse screen where you are free to scroll through all the videos available.
6) However, if you click on the filter icon, you will be presented with a number of ways to limit your options.
7) You will find a very similar experience if you were to click on the Counseling and Therapy in Video option from the menu.
8) Going back to the E-Resources page, should you choose the Behavioral and Mental Health Online link, you will be sent to this screen..
9) Scrolling down you have various categories you can browse.
10) You can also use the navigation on the left-side to filter your search by category. In this case, I'm choosing to limit by videos only.
11) I can now choose the video I would like to watch, which also comes with a side-by-side transcript to follow along.
This short introduction should be enough to get you started exploring. As always, if you have questions and need further assistance you can reach us at email@example.com.